What is the Innovator Founder Visa?
The Innovator Founder Visa is a UK visa that allows entrepreneurs to come to the UK to set up and run an innovative business.
The visa is valid for 3 years and can lead to indefinite leave to remain in the UK after 3 years.
Who is eligible for the Innovator Founder Visa?
To be eligible for the Innovator Founder Visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an endorsement letter from an approved endorsing body
- Have a business plan that is innovative, viable, and scalable
- Be competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level B2 (equivalent to IELTS 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking)
- If you are outside the UK or have been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must have at least £1270 to support yourself, plus £285 for a dependent partner, £315 for a first child and £200 for each additional child
- You must not fall for refusal on general grounds for refusal
- You must have provided a TB test certificate, if required
What is the endorsement process?
To obtain an endorsement letter, you must apply to an approved endorsing body. The endorsing body will assess your business plan and decide whether or not to endorse you. The endorsing body will consider the following factors when making its decision:
- The innovativeness of your business idea
- The viability of your business plan
- The scalability of your business plan
- Your competence in the English language
- Your financial resources
- Your suitability to be an innovator founder
How do I apply for the Innovator Founder Visa?
To apply for the Innovator Founder Visa, you must complete an online application form and submit the following documents:
- Your endorsement letter
- Your business plan
- Proof of your English language proficiency
- Proof of your financial resources
- A TB test certificate, if required
You can apply for the Innovator Founder Visa online or at a visa application centre.
What are the benefits of the Innovator Founder Visa?
The Innovator Founder Visa offers a number of benefits, including:
- The ability to set up and run an innovative business in the UK
- The possibility of obtaining indefinite leave to remain in the UK after 3 years
- The ability to bring your family members to the UK
If you are an entrepreneur with an innovative business idea, the Innovator Founder Visa may be the right visa for you.
Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:
GOV.UK Innovator Founder Visa: https://www.gov.uk/innovator-founder-visa