Do you need to raise finance for your business? Not sure how to write a business plan that appeals to investors or lenders?
Or perhaps you don’t have the time? Is it too important a task to get wrong? A business plan written by me will significantly improve your chances of raising the money you need.
I have been writing business plans for 23 years and this is how my skills and experience help me to write business plans.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP & BUSINESS ACUMEN
I was one of the original Directors of Kooth – a multiple award-winning business that went from zero to listing on the London Stock Exchange with a valuation of over £60 million. I have also worked as a start-up consultant for over 25 businesses. This means that I don’t write plans as a theorist – I know what it takes to build a successful business.
PROFESSIONAL WRITER & FINANCIAL KNOW-HOW
I am an author, an ex-journalist and a copywriter plus I have trained in financial modelling. This means that I have the knack for knowing how to sell the value of a business proposition in words, numbers and visually. I look for the story and enhance that in the business plan with logic, emotion and robust financial forecasts.
INVESTOR & LENDER CONTACTS
I have built up a large network of associates and contacts over the years who I work with including investors, lenders, marketing experts, entrepreneurs, senior-level managers, lawyers and accountants.
How It Works
- The first thing I like to do is meet in person or have a telephone/Skype conversation. This is so important to establish a working relationship. We will work through my comprehensive questionnaire, with me digging deep and asking lots of questions. I challenge and seek to evaluate the business concept and get to the heart of your thinking.
- I am an expert-level Internet researcher, so step 2 is where I get to work filling in the gaps and searching for evidence to support any assumptions made.
- Step 3 is to write the plan and send you the first draft. Each plan is customised in terms of tone and content to your intended audience – that is, either an investor or a lender.
- We then meet or talk again on the phone to go through the first draft.
- From the feedback, I produce a final plan which is typically 40 to 70 pages long including financials. Within the price, I also produce a standalone Executive Summary document and a Pitch Deck that you can show to potential lenders and investors.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the typical headings and structure for the business plan?
This is the format that I normally work to, but your plan can be customized in any way you would like.
Do you have samples of previous plans?
For confidentiality reasons, I cannot send you actual plans that I have written but what I can do is to send you anonymized extracts from previous plans. I can also put you in touch with previous clients who may be willing to send you their plan or talk to you about the work I did for them.
How long does it take to write the plan?
It normally takes 1 to 3 weeks from start to finish, depending on the nature of the business plan you need. I offer an express service if you need it done sooner than that.
What are your Terms of Engagement?
See here. You will click the checkbox on this online form once you have agreed to us working together on your business plan.
Do you do business plans for non-profit organisations or for internal use for an existing business?
Yes. I can write any kind of plan that is needed. Over the years, I have written hundreds of plans.
What are your payment terms?
As is the norm for professional services such as this, you pay a 50% deposit before I start. When the draft plan is ready, you pay the remaining 50%. I continue working on the plan until it’s the way you want it.
What methods of payment do you accept?
Either bank transfer, debit card, credit card or PayPal.
Will you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
Yes, I am more than happy to sign an NDA if you’d like me to.
Why Choose Me?
Here are a few reasons why you might wish to hire me to work with you and write your business plan.
My writing style
- A writing style that appeals to endorsing bodies, investors, and lenders
- I write with the reader in mind. This means that I avoid jargon and I write in line with the way that investors and lenders think, process information and make decisions. The purpose is to grab their attention, arouse curiosity and build that into interest and commitment.
- I use a style that I call the 4C’s – clarity, conciseness, completeness and convincing. I aim to put forward compelling points supported by solid facts. I make what I write visually appealing and persuasive by stirring emotions.
- I organize the messages in a sensible way, allowing the plan to flow logically. I aim to make the narrative as tight as possible.
My working style
- You will only ever work directly with me – I will never outsource your project. I am able to call on a team of financial, sales and marketing, operations experts when needed.
- Having written so many business plans over the years, I now have a fine-tuned process. I will be able to write your plan in a fraction of the time it would take you to do it.
- I am an expert-level Internet researcher. I was one of the first people in the UK to go online in the early 1990s and I know all of the search engine hacks.
- I offer a friendly, personalised and professional service, using a highly collaborative and enjoyable process.
- Starting or running a business is fulfilling and worthwhile but can be draining. So I will provide you with encouragement and emotional support as well if needed.
- Business relationships are very important to me. For example, I am still in touch and still work for some of the clients I started working with in the early 2000s.
- I am thorough, conscientious as well as creative in the way that I work. As we work together on your plan, I will add input and ideas to your business concept and strategy.
- Previous clients have told me I am trustworthy, capable and professional.
- I am more than just a business plan writer
- What I always also try to do is to inspire and enable my clients to achieve their business dreams with my knowledge, connections, enthusiasm, creativity, confidence, my communication skills and my highly collaborative way of working.
- Your plan will be a roadmap to success. The business plan that I write will enable you to raise the finance you need plus will be your roadmap for getting you where you want to get to with your business. Most business plans are filed away and never looked at again after the finance has been raised. Not so with the business plans I write. Giving birth to a business is one thing. Getting it through the difficult ‘toddler’, ‘teenage’ and ‘young adult’ stages through to maturity is quite another. That’s my aim for you with the business plan that I will write.
- Start-up Business Plan & Pitch Deck – £2,250
- Non-Profit Business Plan & Executive Summary – £1,750
- Pitch Deck/Executive Summary – £500
- Growth Business Plan – £5,000
- Feasibility Business Plan – £3,000
I offer a 10% discount for payment in full upfront.
All prices are fixed and I offer a complete satisfaction guarantee.
Express service – an additional £750.